Wednesday, August 29, 2018

ENTERY #1 (8/28/18)
I am super excited to start my Foundation: Digital Media class this semester! Being a film major I don't tend to stray far from the editing software I know so I am eager to be pushed out of my comfort zone and use new programs. I always liked making simple Flash animations on the computer as a kid so I'm looking forward to dipping my toes back into new/old things. Learning these new softwares and techniques can also help me in the future with editing my videos and films.
I am born and raised in Austin, Texas which is an up and coming hub for filmmaking. I have worked 2 internships with big production houses there and it makes me excited to get my start in the field. I am a film major and hope to go into video editing as a carer in the future. I like the production/postproduction side of filmmaking, specifically cinematography, color-correction, and the basic, early stages of editing.
I am always eager to learn but get discouraged when I cant grasp a new concept easily which is something I am expecting will occur a lot in this class. This will be a good chance to practice patience. I also want to expand my creativity and this is the perfect chance to let myself experiment with new styles, aesthetics and techniques. I look forward to whats to come this semester!
-Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment